Monday, November 15, 2010

What's for dinner??

Hopefully in 10 hrs it'll be a yummy Pot Roast! This will be my second attempt at using a slow cooker. The first attempt didn't go so well....yes I learned you can't use the pot that comes with a slow cooker as a dutch oven, the handle will melt in the oven and then I tried to salvage the dish by slow cooking it in the crock pot and everything just burnt up so I bought and ruined a crock pot all in one go!! This time I'm not sticking anything in the oven and I'm very hopeful that it will taste yummy! :-) The goal is to get good at least cooking with a crock pot so we can have healthy dinners every night that are to my style....easy! I don't so much hate cooking as I get no joy out of it, it simply bores me. Why I don't know and for that reason I've never really been any good at it because I simply don't put in much effort I guess. When I bake I still don't get much joy out of it either but at least most recipes are mix put it all in something pop in oven set timer and poof done. I can do that and am quite good at baking. It's making meals I lack at. So since my dad keeps informing me chili rice and cheese and tuna helper are not healthy acceptable meals for my family I'm branching out into a whole new world of unknown things that I can just dump into a pot set and walk away from and in 6ish hours have a healthy meal! Or at least that's the idea anyways :-)

No comments: