Monday, December 6, 2010

i must have been in total denial

so today I got on the scale and weighed myself just like I do every few days just to see how much I weigh (because I have this morbid obsession to make my self depressed lol) and today it reads 169.8 lbs so I'm thinking that's good so far I've only gained 10 lbs (followed by a mental high-five) even though 3 days ago it was 170.6 I'm happy it momentarily dropped below again lol So I get in the shower and am scrubbing away all happy as a clam when it hits me. Before I got pregnant I weighed 155 lbs and from all the morning sickness I dropped down to 149 lbs! Now I'm freaking out! OMG!! How the heck did this happen?? How did I put on 20 lbs and not even register it in my baby fogged up brain (this kid better be super smart with all my brain juices it's sucking away lol) because I'm sure if in my fuddled brain I had realized I jumped up 13ish lbs in 2 weeks I would have been more worried earlier. I was seriously trying to only gain 20 lbs this pregnancy and I still have 13 weeks left :-O I repeat how in the heck did this happen?? and where was I during all this (probably to busy stuffing my face to notice lol)?

2 comments:

Christina said...

lol - last week I weighed myself and realized I'd gained 9 lbs in 4 months. I freaked out. DH was going "it's okay! that's not that much!" and I was going NINE POUNDS IS A LOT!! I ONLY GAINED 18 total with LO, and I have half my pregnancy to go!!! Which is ridiculous since I'm already overweight and probably chasing two will help, but... lol. Still.

Bree Edwards said...

lol got to love husbands mine is always saying "but your pregnant" that's his reason for everything these days but he means well so I still love him :-)