Friday, February 11, 2011

since I've been slacking lately....here is what's going on mainly in my head

I know I really haven't been blogging lately but I kinda hit a blah stage with everyday. So I'm not really doing anything other than sitting around all day reading then get up and cook dinner and then sit back down. Hopefully this will all change soon since I believe Javan will be induced on the 25th of February. Not the most idea situation to be induced but it's better than what would happen should I go into labor in the middle of the night and I can't get a hold of Traci and I have to bring all 3 kids with us to the hospital. It would not be good for me and Traci might die the next time I see her if it were to play out that way ;-) This is my biggest fear that she will not answer her phone at all or that she does answer and is drunk. Neither way would do me much good. Thankfully Tasha has told me that should Traci fail to answer to call her and she'll come help. I really hope I don't need that and that everything can just work out but I feel better having a back plan! All that worrying aside I am so FREAKING EXCITED that Javan is just weeks away from being born. I'm so ready to hold him and cuddle him and see what he looks like and getting to know him!!

 I just have to make it through the birthing part. Which I had pretty much convinced myself to do naturally with no pain meds. Well then of course I watched the new show One Born Every Min and I'm completely freaking out. I have no clue why. I had Brandon with no pain meds (OK i had 1cc of Demerol which did NOTHING for the pain) but I was hooked up to pitocin for most of my labor it HURT LIKE HELL, but I did it and lived. So I know I can do it and let me tell you when they turned off the pitocin I could totally handle the contractions. With Danika I was induced and wanted drugs from the get go and it was a breeze I played cards and napped and then pop that little girl out. With Lucas I labored for quite a bit at home and only went to the hospital once I was getting really uncomfortable. By the time we got there I was already a 5 and shortly there after chickened out they gave me stydol and I got an epidural like 30 min later. This time I had a reaction to the epidural and it made me itch from head to toe so they gave me benadryl. All the drugs mixed together pretty much knocked me out. It was not good. They had to put me on oxygen because I wasn't breathing deep enough for the baby, and I had a hard time staying conscious to let anyone know it was time. Thankfully a nurse came in to mess with the computer and i was able to get her attention to let her know I thought he was coming out. He was born so quick that he still had the stydol in his system and he had to be watched for 3 hrs and given meds to reverse it because he wasn't breathing very well. He ended up being fine in the long run but I'm so afraid of a repeat of that, but I really really am scared I wont be able to cope with the pain. BLEH OK I know this is all just a rambling but this is a lot that's going through my head 24/7. Who knows how Javan's birth will go I hope it just all goes smoothly and we both come out OK. That's really all I care about :-)

No comments: