Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Grilled Pears with Sweetened Sour Cream

These were so yummy I wasn't sure if they would be since the recipe actually called for you to grill peaches not pears but peaches aren't in season right now so I just winged it with some pears :-) And I have to say we all loved them.

ingredients:
3 Bartlett Pears halved and cored.
2 TBS melted unsalted butter
1/2 cup fat free sour cream
1 TBS brown sugar
unsweetened cocoa powder for dusting

1. Heat a grill to high heat.  Brush both sides of the pears with some butter.

2. Place the pears on the grill. cook until the pears are charred and softened. I did about 8 mins on each side

3. In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream and sugar.

4. Spoon the mixture over the pears and sprinkle with cocoa powder

This all probably took me 30 mins from start to finish!!

No comments: